American Cancer Society
233 12th Street, #710
Columbus, Georgia 31907
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Opportunities for volunteerism include (but not limited to):
- Columbus State University Colleges Against Cancer
- Relay For Life of Muscogee County
- Crystal Ball (gala)
- Tournament of Hope (golf)
- Mission Delivery Opportunities
- Work with staff and other volunteers to successfully implement and execute the mission of the organization through events. Responsibilities may include phone calls, securing supplies, recruiting & coordinating volunteers, etc.
- Specific to Colleges Against Cancer, you would be promoting the organization throughout the CSU campus!
- No training necessary for most volunteer opportunities.
- Dress appropriately for event type (i.e., Crystal Ball-gala event, Golf Tournament-khaki pants and ACS t-shirt (shirt provided by ACS), office work-business casual attire).
- Very flexible!
- Day of events (golf, gala, relay)
- Office hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Afternoon/Evenings of Relay Rallies