American Cancer Society
233 12th Street, #710
Columbus, Georgia 31901
Denise Dowdy or Desiree Anguay
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Opportunities for volunteerism include (but not limited to): assist in planning events such as Crystal Ball, Tournament of Hope, and Relay for Life; serving as committee members on committees in the community to develop leadership skills; fostering relationships through mentoring of Relay For Life teams; Become a Road to Recovery driver
- Work with staff and other volunteers to successfully implement and execute the mission of the organization through events. Responsibilities may include phone calls, securing supplies, recruiting & coordinating volunteers, etc.
- Students will be able to build leadership skills, develop communication and marketing skills, learn how to work with a team of volunteers, and learn how to manage time-sensitive tasks
- No training necessary for most volunteer opportunities.
- Be willing to engage with volunteers and staff to advance the mission of the American Cancer Society.
- Hours are based on the need or event
- Daytime or evening events
- Specific evening meetings 4pm-7pm
- Monday-Friday 9am-4pm