Habitat for Humanity
3520 River Road
Columbus, Georgia 31904
Construction: Habitat volunteers assist in building safe, decent, affordable houses that are then sold without interest or profit to qualified families in Columbus. Construction sites vary.
Retail: Habitat volunteers provide assistance to customers who shop for low-cost construction and repair supplies at Renovation Station. Profits from the store give financial support for home construction. The store is located at 1080 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
- Construction tasks: site preparation, foundation, interior construction, exterior construction, landscaping
- Construction Requirements: Must provide and wear own work gloves, hat, work clothes and closed-toed shoes
- Stocking and inventory tasks: counting, moving, cleaning, organizing merchandise
- Sales tasks: completing sales, pricing items, advertising
- Worksites and store are smoke-free and drug-free
- No electronic devices may be used on site while working
- Participate in onsite safety training session
- Sign in and sign out with site manager
- Notify CAHFH staff if unable to work on assigned/volunteered day
Construction site: Call 706.653.6003 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail site: Register via Volunteer Hub: http://columbusareahabitat.volunteerhub.com/Events/Browse.aspx
Construction Site: Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Retail Site: Tuesday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Columbus Area Habitat for Humanity creates partnerships to construct and sell housing for those in need; building in communities that will be strengthened by these volunteer efforts. Columbus Area Habitat for Humanity also seeks to raise awareness of critical housing issues; motivated by the belief that everyone should have, at least, a simple, decent house in which to live.
Please visit our website to learn more about Columbus Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc.