Infusion Youth Leadership Program
1120 Lockwood Ave.
Columbus, GA 31906
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5811
Columbus, GA 31906
Infusion is a nine-month experience for teens, designed to engage community through leadership, service & spiritual reflection. Infusion is designed to provide a collaborative social and spiritual examination of the needs of underserved populations, both in our home community and beyond. Students participating in this program will encounter people of different social, cultural and economic settings, and will reflect on the spiritual and personal aspects of social change. Students participate in:
- Monthly reflection meetings which focus on social issues and incorporate dialogue surrounding servant leadership characteristics and how these apply to issues of faith and social justice
- Two monthly service projects per month which focus on building relationships with marginalized persons/groups and working together to address social needs in the community
- A weekend retreat in the fall and a service trip later in the school year
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist with planning and executing projects & events
- Serve as mentors for high school students and help encourage dialogue regarding development as servant leaders
Students and volunteers are not required to have a particular spiritual or religious orientation, but should be open to dialogue incorporating spiritual reflection as it relates to issues of social justice. Servant Leadership hours may be earned during:
- Fall Retreat - weekend event
- 2 hour monthly meetings on second Sunday of the month from 3-5 pm.
- Service projects: 1-2 projects per month (usually afternoons or weekends)
- Service Trip later in the school year
Infusion is sponsored by the Chattahoochee Valley Episcopal Ministry, a nonprofit outreach organization serving the area for 31 years.